Walking Distance to the hotel: 750m
The Gothic, two-storey Liebfrauenkirche was probably built in the second half of the 14th century. It was first mentioned in a document in 1373. The church consists of the upper church, the lower church with the charnel house and the church tower.
The baroque church interior is dominated by the high altar by Georg Faisenberger from 1702. In the centre is the picture of grace, a copy of the famous Innsbruck painting of Maria-Hilf made around 1630. Since 1848, the 48 m high bell tower has housed the famous Kaiser bell, which is considered the most beautiful sounding bell in Tyrol. It was originally cast for Innsbruck Cathedral, but due to a blemish, a dent on the bonnet, and the tone being too high, it was rejected and finally acquired by Kitzbühel. It was given the name Kaiserglocke (Emperor's Bell) because during the First World War the Emperor complied with the request to spare it from being delivered for war purposes. The Kaiserglocke has a diameter of 215 cm and a weight of 6374 kg and is part of the Kitzbühel town peal.