Schaubergwerk Kupferplatte Jochberg
Walking Distance from hotel: 4km
A journey to the centre of the earth.
Because of the international economical crisis the mines were closed down in 1926 and the maze of shafts and tunnels abandoned till in 1990 the mining exhibit "Copperplate" was opened.
Visitors travel on the old mining train into the shafts. Along 150 meters of tunnels our guides explain how the copper was mined, what equipment was used and how the shafts were maintained.
A great day out for all the family and history brought to life. Enjoy yourselves!